Neilsen Certified Training - Registration
Nielsen Education Program intended to provide Schulich School of Business students with access to the tools, data and fundamental analytics that have become the standard of the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) Industry.
On February 20th or 21st 2019, students will have the opportunity to receive virtual and hands-on training with Nielsen professionals.
• Virtual MarketPlace Fundamentals & Nielsen Answers Desktop Training
• (1 Day) In-Class Consumer Fundamentals scheduled at Schulich during Reading Week
Students who complete the training will receive a certification from Nielsen and gain a competitive advantage when seeking a position in the CPG industry.
This program includes the following:
• Access to masked Training Database (static data)
• Job Aids, FAQ and Nielsen Glossary to aide with learning, understanding and to serve as reference throughout training
• Access to Nielsen-Schulich Answers Portal site that will serve as a repository of training, training materials and supporting docs including Industry Thought Leadership material (eg. Quarter in Review Reports)
• Online Software and MarketPlace Fundamental Training Modules
• Minimum 1 day of ConsumerFacts Training (at minimum 20 student enrollment)
• Includes 1-2 webinars scheduled throughout the Winter term
Topics Covered include:
MarketPlace Fundamentals (Virtual Modules – Students to complete prior to Feb 20/21 in class session)
Make an impression by learning the same lingo and speaking points that CPG companies focus on daily today
• Learn what key performance measurements are to reveal the state of your business, and identify issues and opportunities the same way CPG companies do today
• Learn how this information shapes into actionable analyses of issues and opportunities, drawing insight from distribution, price and promotion-driven data
Nielsen Answers Desktop Fundamentals (Virtual Modules – Students to complete prior to Feb 20/21 in class session)
Learn how to drive speed to insights leveraging the same program that has become industry-standard
• Streamline the information gathering process by learning how to:
• Create a basic query
• Format reports
• Apply product and market share basis and custom timeframes
• Create item rankings
• Save time through more efficient retrieval of your Nielsen information
Consumer Fundamentals (In Class at Schulich – Feb 20 or 21)
Consumer Fundamentals is an intensive course and is recommended to everyone responsible for developing and/ or communicating consumer insights with limited knowledge of the Homescan product and its applications. Participants will gain an understanding of how to use Homescan panel data to compliment MarketTrack data to understand reasons behind volume changes and identify appropriate marketing strategies to address them. Discussions, lectures, exercises and a case study build participants understanding through application.
Understand Consumer Shopping Behaviour “who, what and where consumers are shopping”
• Gain insight into how consumers shop the category
• Better tailor marketing efforts with an understanding of how consumer demographics and purchase behaviors influence sales trends
Cost: $524/Student (includes all 3 courses)
How to Register: Register for the Nielsen training course below. The last day to register is January 18, 2019.
• Nielsen will reach out to students directly with training details (Time/Room)
Spaces will be reserved on a first-come-first-served basis. Once you have successfully registered you will receive an email that will include instructions on the logistics of the training. Once we have reached capacity, you can add your name to the waitlist. Waitlisted students will be notified by email should space become available. Please, take your time and be sure to enter your correct student number or you may have a problem with the registration process.
Minimum 20 student enrollment – if minimum is not met, refunds will be handled by the Schulich Career Development Centre
Question? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.